Best Shea butter
What state will you be in if someone says “Age is just a number for you”? After your late twenties, your face turns dull and seems to be aging. But you can regain your lost confidence by applying shea butter on your face. Shea butter is an extracted fat from the nuts of a shea tree. Basically, shea butter is ivory colored or white with a creamy consistency. The texture of the cream just gets easily spread on your face.
The vitamins and the fatty acids blended in the right proportion make it an ideal ingredient for softening skin. On looking at the merit side, shea butter has anti-inflammatory properties. Applying shea cream on the face smoothen your skin.
1. Unrefined African Shea Butter
A ready apply Unrefined African shea butter removes deep scars and gives a shining glow to the skin. The cream is freshly made from high-quality shea nuts. And also, if you keep on applying shea butter face cream, problems like eczema will get rid of and boost the collagen content thereby increasing the blood flow throughout the face.
Shea butter varies in colors like ivory, yellow, pale gray due to its raw texture. This shea butter can heal acne without causing any breakouts or pores. You are free to use this cream any season and moreover, it suits well to any type of skin too.
|Brand||Better Shea Butter|
|Skin type||All type skins|
- Smooth and gentle
- Vegan ingredients
- Apt to apply on any skin type
- Long-lasting texture
- Strong scent
Unrefined African Shea Butter - Ivory, 100% Pure & Raw - Moisturizing and Rich Body Butter for Dry Skin - Suitable for All Skin Types - Use Alone or in DIY Whipped Body Butters - 16 oz (1 LB) Bar Body Butters Beauty
- Unrefined Shea Butter Benefits: relieves symptoms of eczema and similar skin irritation, moisturizes dry, cracked skin, boosts collagen production, fades scars and stretch marks. It will not clog pores so it's the number one natural choice to moisturize skin affected by acne or occasional breakouts.
- A free downloadable eBook of DIY skin care recipes is included with your purchase. The ebook includes several whipped body butters using shea, cocoa, mango and kokum butters and a variety ... Read More
2. Perfect Body Harmony Raw Shea Butter
A perfect cream to protect your skin comes in a double-walled jar with UV protection. Actually, the blend is enriched with vitamins like A, E, D, and F. The product is totally unrefined and satisfies the essential needs of your skin with antioxidants. Remember that, you can apply anywhere on the body like face, body, hair, and skin. Without a second thought, we can assure you that it is a good ingredient to blend in the manufacture of soap, lotion, and body butter.
|Brand||Perfect Body harmony|
|Item dimension (LxWxH)||3.5 x 3.5 x 2 (in inches)|
|Skin type||Sensitive skins, irritated skin|
- Pure cream
- Preferred for sensitive skin
- Nongreasy texture
- Non- comedogenic (ability to wipe out the block in pores)
- Unpleasant smell.
Unrefined Raw Shea Butter; Certified Organic; 3.75 oz Low Profile BPA Free Jar;Best Natural Non-comedogenic Moisturizer for Face, Body, Skin, Hair; DIY Ingredient; Premium Imported African Ivory Tan Beauty
- Very Convenient Low Profile Wide Mouthed BPA FREE JAR. 3.75 oz. Double Walled White JAR For Maximum Product Protection (This is a 4.0 oz Jar by VOLUME.) The Doubled Walled Jar protects your Shea Butter's Nutrients from Harmful UV light!
- Best Natural Ingredient for DIY SKINCARE! * Best Natural Non-comedogenic (Does Not Block Pores!) Skin & Face Moisturizer! Use This Better Body Butter!
- SIMPLY THE BEST! Imported from Ghana, Africa. Made from the Karite Tree Shea Nut & ... Read More
3. Sky Organics Unrefined moisturising shea Butter
An organic cream that can greatly condition your skin by giving deep moisture and smoothening is Sky Organics raw shea butter. After using consistently, you will observe a vibrant golden glow on your skin. Adding a spoon of shea butter to your daily skincare routine gives deep penetration of the antioxidants to your skin. The highlight of the product is 100% vegan.
|Ingredients||USDA Organic Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter|
|Skin type||Face butter, Scars, Acne, Dry, Damaged skin|
- Irritation free
- Ready to apply all over the body
- Free from adulterants
- Rotten complaint
USDA Organic Shea Butter by Sky Organics (16 oz) 100% Pure Unrefined Raw African Shea Butter for Face and Body Moisturizing Natural Body Butter for Dry Skin Beauty & Personal Care
- Contains: 1 x 16 oz. tub of raw organic Shea Butter by Sky Organics
- Deeply Moisturizes Dry Skin: Our raw Shea Butter moisturizes skin and helps soften and smooth dry areas.
- 100% Raw and Unrefined Shea Butter: Sky Organics Shea Butter is 100% pure and unrefined to retain all of its beauty benefits – it is not a whipped body butter or shea butter lotion.
- Face and Body Butter for Dry Skin: Use Shea Butter on the face and body for long lasting moisture.
- ... Read More
4. Jergens body conditioning Shea Butter
The lightweight formula of the Jergens enriching Shea butter gives a warm scent and prevents extra oil secretion on your face. This cream has the capability to fix the moisture barrier and clean the sticky dust residing on the face. The finely blended ingredients while spreading over the face and gives life to the dry and dull skin thus providing 3x radiant skin. And also, the formulated hydralucence blend gives long-lasting hydrated skin with healthy skin tone and texture.
|Main Ingredients||Butyrospermum Parkii|
|Skin type||Face butter, Scars, Acne, Dry, Damaged skin|
- Tempting fragrance
- 3x radiant skin
- Laboratory tested
- At times, the fragrance is too annoying
- Expensive for its size
Jergens Shea Butter Deep Conditioning Moisturizer, 26.5 Ounces, 3X More Radiant Skin, with Pure Shea Butter, Dermatologist Tested (Packaging May Vary) Body Lotion Beauty
- REVIVES DULL SKIN WITH A RADIANT SHINE - Warmly scented, its lightweight formula hydrates and boost sheen, leaving it 3x more radiant
- FORMULATED WITH PURE, AFRICAN SHEA BUTTER - Shea butter is known for its ability to restore skin by helping it hold moisture for an enhanced sheen and luminosity
- 3X MORE RADIANT SKIN - Enriched with African shea butter, this formulas melts into dull, dry skin, revealing skin that's 3x more radiant and deeply conditioned with no sticky or greas... Read More
5. OKAY non-irritant Shea Butter
The OKAY shea butter contains 100% natural sources that originated in Africa. The product prevents wrinkles, eczema, sunburns, and dermatitis. When applied to the face, the product gives excellent nourishment to the skin and increases the flexibility of the skin.
This smoothening cream removes the dead cells retaining on the skin and cracks on the feet. Most importantly, applying OKAY shea butter daily can help out pregnant women by erasing the stretch marks. The trio of beneficial products (nourish, replenish and heal) gives good improvement to the hair as well as the skin.
|Skin type||Acne, Prone|
- Erase stretch marks
- Removes cracks on the skin
- Lightens the dark patches on the skin
- Non- comedogenic
- Smells like plastic silicone.
OKAY | African Shea Butter | For All Hair Textures & Skin Types | Daily Moisturizer - Soothe Irritation | White Smooth Refined | All Natural | 13 Oz Beauty
- White Ivory Smooth Shea Butter for all hair textures and skin types - Great for moisturizing, reducing inflammation, skin smoothing, wrinkle reduction, eczema, blemishes, wound healing, sunburn, dermatitis
- Nourish, replenish, moisturize, and heal your hair and skin with this emollient rich beauty product
- Helps keep the skin in optimal health but also protect it from being damaged by the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays | Also soothes dry skin and improves the skin’... Read More
6. Premium Nature Raw and Natural Shea Butter
An apt product to apply on sensitive or itchy skin is the Premium Nature Organic Shea Butter. Deep penetration into the skin gives an intense result with a radiant glow on the face. You will feel the rejuvenation due to the presence of vitamins A and E after applying the cream.
A good ointment to prevent dry scalp and restores the moisture in the hair and skin. Add a small quantity of shea butter to coconut oil or aloe vera while making DIY (Do It Yourself) balms or hair masks.
|Ingredients||Organic shea butter|
- Smoothen the skin
- Gives instant refreshment to the skin.
- Can be used for any type of skin
- The smell is not pleasant.
Shea Butter Raw Organic African - 16 oz Pure Virgin Unrefined Body Butter Stretch Mark Eczma Natural Lip Balm Organic Skin Care Scar Cream DIY Skin Food Naturals Packaging May Vary Beauty
- 100% ALL Natural Butter: Organic Shea Butter is the best ingredient to use when you are mixing it to create the perfect DIY body lotion, shampoos, lip balms, soaps, conditioners and more! PACKAGING MAY VARY
- MOISTURIZES SKIN: African Shea Butter is known nourishing element that can take dry and itchy skin to soft and thoroughly moisturized skin. Our Raw Organic Shea Butter is very rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Fatty Acids
- REJUVENATES HAIR: Only our all-Natural Organic Shea... Read More
7. PlantOrigin Shea Butter
The shea butter from PlantOrigin is ivory in color and made from 100% organic products. Fortunately, the product is totally chemical-free and additives like parabens. From wholesome African-origin shea nuts, this cream is a good solution to remove wrinkles. By the way, it also enhances collagen and protects the skin from anti-aging. To shield the skin from sunburns, the formulated blend’s SPF (Sun Protection Factor) ranges between 6-10.
- 100% vegan
- Free from chemicals like Hexane, paraben
- The aroma is a bit unpleasant.
USDA Organic, Unrefined Shea Butter, African, Raw, 100% Pure, Grade A & Handmade. Use Alone or in DIY Body Butters, Lotions, Soap, Eczema & Stretch Mark Creams & Skin Care - 1 LB. (16 Oz.) Beauty
- HIGHEST QUALITY IVORY SHEA BUTTER: The only USDA Organic & Certified, Grade A, Unrefined Shea Butter available in the market.
- 100% RAW, AFRICAN, & HANDMADE: 100% Pure Shea Butter WITHOUT chemicals, parabens, GMOs or additives for best anti-aging and skin care benefits. It is also Vegan and Cruelty-Free.
- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY & ANTI-AGING: Extracted from Pure African Shea Nuts in Ghana without heat or chemical alteration, our Raw Shea Butter helps reduce wrinkles, boo... Read More
8. Palmer’s Shea Formula
A formulated cream made from raw shea butter is Palmer’s Shea butter. While massaging, the raw shea butter can instantly spread over the face and gives an immediate refreshment. Most of us feel for the black patches on the elbows, neck, and anklet. The vitamin E in the creamy substance makes your skin radical-free. The involved ingredients like soybean oil will maintain the skin hydrated. Importantly, the plant-based ingredients help to smooth the face, hands, lips, and feet.
- Recommended for daily use
- Gives your skin 24-hour moisture
- Zero mineral oil content
- Free from sulfate, phthalate and gluten
- Sometimes, it might feel gritty.
Palmer’s Shea Formula Raw Shea Body Butter Balm, 7.25 Ounces Beauty
- Raw Shea Balm: Sustainably sourced raw, natural Shea Butter Body Balm melts right into a radiance-boosting, non-greasy oil on contact, instantly softening even the driest skin such as elbows and feet
- Natural Factors: African Shea Butter deeply nourishes and softens skin, Vitamin E rejuvenates and combats free radical damage, Soybean Oil helps prevent skin dehydration and Cocoa Butter improves tone and texture
- Finest Ingedients: We strive to use only the finest natural, raw i... Read More
How to Choose Good Quality Shea Butter
An easy step to identify the raw shea butter is the color. The raw shea butter will be in pale white or ivory color and has a chocolatey smell whereas the refined butter will be whitish color and don't have any aroma.
Generally, handmade butter has more quality. The butter is extracted from shea fruit which is a quite long process. You can increase the quality by applying less heat. This is because the heating process will destroy the active ingredients and lose the texture of the butter.
You can get to know whether the shea butter is raw or refined by looking at the consistency. The shea butter starts to melt at a temperature of more than 38℃. So that the creamy butter will spread with a good flow on the face. Don't forget to note the consistency level before buying the product.
Shea butter is harvested by tribal women in areas like Ghana and Nigeria of Africa. It is very important to select an ethically sourced shea butter as this helps in women's empowerment. Search for the team “shea buttercream” on the product label.
How to apply shea butter on the face?
The best time to apply the shea butter is at night. Since the shea butter has oils and fat, it is not recommended for the morning routine as the makeup might get spoiled due to the oil content from the butter.
So, better you apply the shea butter directly on your face before going to bed. A face mask made of shea butter is also a good choice for regular use. After the mask removal. Wash off your face with lukewarm water.
For making a mask, mix the following ingredients together
- Pure shea butter
- Raw honey
- A few drops of grapeseed oil
Blend all the items well and apply all over your face. Leave the mask undisturbed for 15 minutes. Then, gently wash the face with water and wipe with a soft cloth.
Where to use the shea butter on the body
1. Apply at the end of the hair
The major reason for slow hair growth is the split ends. Applying the shea cream at the ends prevents the hair from split ends. If your hair is nonvoluminous avoid using the cream at the roots as it makes the hair too thin due to the oily content.
2. Fully body moisturizer
The best way to moisturize your skin is to apply the shea butter all over your body. This will protect your skin from drying. Take a small amount of shea buttercream and rub it all over your body until it gets penetrated deep into the skin.
3. Warm the butter in your hands
Since the shea butter is solid, you must rub the cream on the hands to make it warm and give a semi-liquid consistency to get applied on the face.
4. Use unrefined shea butter
Any product if it is highly processed tends to destroy all the active enzymes. So, it is good to use raw shea butter so that the enzymes will satisfy the needs of the skin.
Earlier, we have discussed the trick to find out the difference between refined and unrefined shea butter.
Cause and effects of using shea butter
As per the research, shea butter has a low risk of causing allergies. It is proven that most skin using shea butter has better results than any other cream. This is because the low tree oil content in shea butter triggers acne and allergies. Some of the symptoms are listed below which is very rare for better clarity.
- Itchy skin
- Vomiting sensation
- Abdominal pain
Benefits of Shea Butter
- The ingredients in the shea butter cream penetrate into the skin and keep it hydrated. So, if you walk out of the house in the scorching sun, your skin is damn protected from the UV rays by the very own shea butter.
- Normally, skin gets dry during the winter season due to lack of water intake. Applying shea butter for a while can give immediate good results by giving good nourishment and moisture to the skin.
No more scars
- The major cause for using shea butter is its potential to remove the acne and pores on the face. A layer of shea butter will protect the skin from aging and excess heat exposure.
Best Ointment for lips
- Lips are 3x more sensitive than skin. Using shea butter for a lip balm can prevent the lips from drying and promote the plumpness on the lip. Consistent application of shea butter makes the lip too smooth to touch.
- Not all the brands, some of the branded A class shea butter smell too good. The aroma gives a pleasant feel.
- One interesting fact about shea butter is that it is edible. Many of the Africans use a spoon of shea butter while preparing the food. This is because the butter will lower the cholesterol level in the blood. The lipoprotein and plasma protein level is controlled by the fatty acid present in the buttercream.
This might sound awkward but this hack will work. Whenever your nose is blocked, apply on the nasal portion. The presence of anti-inflammatory compounds in the cream will heal the inflammation and unblock the nose. It is proven in a study that shea butter can clean the nostrils in less than 90 secs.
A disease that causes serious muscle joint pain and stiffness. Put the shea butter ointment on damaged parts to get relief.
How to store Shea Butter
Enclose the shea butter in an airtight container and palace it in a cool place. Keep away from sunlight. To increase the validity of the butter, add vitamin E at a regular interval of time. Pure shea butter will expire after two years unless you use any artificial additives for a pleasant smell.
Buyer’s guide: Points to remember
Keep the following points in mind while selecting the shea butter from the market
- Search for the term “unrefined shea butter” on the food label
- Most probably, you can choose a shea butter that has a pleasant smell. Some of the branded shea butter has a chemical aroma.
- Ensure the shea butter you are about to buy is not ivory or pale white color. These colors show that the butter has undergone some refining.
- If it is possible, get a touch of shea butter on to your arm to know how smooth the cream is to apply
- Look for a brand that claims that the shea butter is cruelty-free and eco-friendly.
Nutritional content in Shea butter
Definitely, you will be astonished to see the benefits of shea butter. Now a question strikes out your mind what would be the total nutritional value of the shea butter. Let's have a quick look at the nutritional chart
Vitamin A, E, and F
The Tocopherol (Vitamin E) concentration varies depending on the climate changes. Other natural sources of vitamins like A and F will help to sort out skin diseases like dermatitis, aging, etc.
Basically, shea butter consists of five types of fatty acids viz oleic, stearic, arachidic acids, palmitic and linoleic. The majority of 85-90% portion is because of stearic and oleic fatty acids. These acids in various proportions decide the consistency and hardness of the shea buttercream.
Shea butter has 10 types of phenolic compounds. These compounds are best known for their antioxidant properties. The unrefined shea butter has a higher concentration of phenolics than the refined ones.
Where to get Shea butter?
Shea butter is readily available on all e-commerce websites. Most of the shea butter brands sell raw, refines, and organic butter. You can also check out the nearest departmental store or pharmacy.
Shea butter is super beneficial for any type of skin. The plus of the shea butter is that it gives an anti-aging effect to the skin. No wonder, once you complete reading the article you will get into some of the e-commerce sites to have one. None will hesitate to buy shea butter ingredient-based products as it has ultra-level pros with the least cons. Let me tell you a trick if it didn't work out on the skin. You can just finish off the bottle by using it while preparing food. Why wait? Definitely, you would have planned to buy one of the mentioned brand products from the article. Use shea butter and make others get jealous of your ever youth skin.