Best noncomedogenic moisturizerUsually, consumers are very conscious about their skincare routine. If you are a person who is aware of cosmetic products, you would have come across the term "noncomedogenic." Noncomedogenic products will unblock the pores and make the skin acne-free. If you have oily skin or skin sensitive prone to acne, we recommend noncomedogenic products. Most moisturizers block the pores. The symptoms of a clog pores breakout are acne, roughness, etc. Products with noncomedogenic properties balance the sebum excretion and keep your skin away from excess oil accumulation and other skin-related problems. Anyway, you would have understood what a noncomedogenic moisturizer does. Without wasting time, let us look at different types of noncomedogenic moisturizers available for sale on the e-commerce site.
Top 15 noncomedogenic moisturizers
1. Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily MoisturizerAlthough you have bright skin, the black patches will dull your skin. The instant remedy for getting even-toned skin is to use Aveeno radiant daily moisturizer. As the name suggests, using a few drops of moisturizer can make your skin radiant and oil-free. The natural diffusers on the lotion will fade out the black spots and add glow to the skin. Aveeno claims that you can see the change in the skin's texture within four months of daily usage.
Ingredients usedSoy Complex
- Ranks SPF 15 (Sun Protection Factor)
- Low penetration level into the skin.
Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Facial Moisturizer with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen & Total Soy Complex for Even Tone & Texture, Hypoallergenic, Oil-Free & Non-Comedogenic, 4 fl. oz Beauty
- 4-fluid ounce bottle of Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Facial Moisturizer is clinically proven to reveal natural, radiant looking skin in 1 week
- Daily face moisturizer is oil-free and powered by Total Soy Complex, which helps to even skin tone and texture, fight early signs of skin aging, and improve the appearance of skin dullness and dark spots to leave skin glowing
- The formula is oil-free, hypoallergenic, and non-comedogenic, so it won't clog pores as it hydrates skin. T... Read More
2. Neutrogena Oil-Free MoistureApplying a bit of Neutrogena moisturizer can nourish the dry areas of the skin. The microsponge system incorporated on the lotion will also control the sebum production on the T-zone (the part above both sides, eyebrows, and nose). Neutrogena surprises you with a matte finishing. The lightweight formula of the lotion gives flawless skin and is recommended for daily routine.
Ingredients usedGlycerin and soy extracts
- Laboratory tested
- Used for makeup base
- Includes parabens
Neutrogena Combi Skin Moisture For Combination Skin, 118ml Beauty & Personal Care
- 4-fluid ounce bottle of Neutrogena Oil-Free Daily Facial Moisturizer for combination skin to moisturize dry skin and control skin in oily areas
- Clinically proven oil-absorbing system controls oil and shine in the T-zone, or wherever skin is oily
- Lightweight moisturizer is specially formulated for combination skin. It controls oil for a natural matte finish all day and leaves skin feeling softer and smoother
- Daily moisturizer is from the #1 dermatologist recommended... Read More
3. BIOTIQUE Morning NectarVisibly Flawless skin MoisturizerThe lotion that can penetrate deep into the skin, thereby avoiding any breakage, is the Nectar Visibly Skin Moisturizer. The skin undergoes three processes like hydration, nourishment, and smoothness on applying the lotion. It has SPF 30 and protects your skin from Ultraviolet rays A and B. The natural blend of soothing ingredients like honey, Wheat germ, seaweed, and aloe vera rejuvenates instant freshness on the skin, reduces age marks, and restores lost moisture.
Ingredients usedAloe vera, seaweed, Honey, and Methi.
- Natural ingredients
- Quick absorption
- SPF 30
- Lightweight formula
- Not recommended for oily skin
Biotique Bio Morning Nectar Visibly Flawless Serum (40ml) Beauty
- Morning nectar visibly flawless serum with herbal extracts for all skin types ... Read More
4. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water GelA good solution for dry and dehydrated skin is Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel. This moisturizer is completely oil-free and quickly absorbs into the skin, and hydrates your skin. The formulated moisturizer will keep your skin plumpy and soft. Neutrogena is preferred to use as a makeup base to get a perfectly flawless finish.
Ingredients usedHyaluronic acid
- Free from alcohol and oil
- No fragrance
- Dermatologically tested
- No dyes
- Irritation might occur
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Water Gel Daily Face Moisturizer for Dry Skin, Oil-Free, Non-Comedogenic Face Lotion, 1.7 fl. oz Beauty
- 1.7-fluid ounce jar of Neutrogena Hydro Boost hydrating water-gel face moisturizer with hyaluronic acid to hydrate dry skin
- Gel moisturizer formula provides hydration to skin, leaving it looking smooth and supple day after day
- Hyaluronic acid, a hydrator found naturally in the skin, attracts moisture and locks it in. 100% alcohol free
- Daily face moisturizer features a non-comedogenic formula that is oil-free, and is from a dermatologist-recommended brand
- ... Read More
5. Clean and Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Gel MoisturizerThe Clean and clear gel can immediately boost the skin and gives instant refreshment. The perfect blend of the fruits like cucumber and mango tends to make the skin oil-free. Clean and clear moisturizer offers you a replenishing look without clogging the pores.
Ingredients UsedWater, mango, and cucumber extract
- Easy absorption
Clean & Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Gel Face Moisturizer with Cucumber & Green Mango Extract, Oil-Free Daily Facial Moisturizer for Acne-Prone Skin Care, Non-Greasy & Non-Comedogenic, 3 oz Beauty & Personal Care
- 3-ounce tube of Clean & Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Gel Face Moisturizer is designed to wake you up and leave skin feeling hydrated
- This daily facial moisturizer is made with water, not oil, and features a unique blend of cucumber and green mango extracts to help replenish skin
- The ultra-lightweight, non-greasy formula of this gel moisturizer leaves skin feeling refreshed without any heavy residue
- This morning acne moisturizer provides a burst of refreshing h... Read More
6. Cetaphil Moisturizing LotionThe ultra-light formula of the Cetaphil moisturizing lotion clears out the dead cells remaining on the skin. A few drops of lotion on the skin give long-lasting moisture. The added powerful ingredients can also maintain the skin's natural moisture, thereby protecting the skin from wear and tear. Macadamia nut oil, along with vitamin E, provides instant nourishment without blocking the acne pores.
Ingredients UsedGlycerin and Macadamia
- Irritation free
- Dermatologically tested
- Allergy and fragrance-free
- No consistency after blending
Cetaphil Lotion - 3 Pack - Contains Two 20 Oz Lotions and One 4 Oz Lotion (Great for Travel) - 44 Oz Total Beauty & Personal Care
- This listing is for a three pack of Cetaphil Lotion
- 2 containers are 20 oz and 1 is 4 oz (great for travel)
- Lightweight hydration for everyday use.
- Apply liberally as often as needed or as directed by a physician.
- For all skin types - fragrance free ... Read More
7. Plum Green Tea Mattifying MoisturizerThe noncomedogenic formula from Plum prevents the secretion of oil in the face and keeps the skin hydrated for a long period. The ingredients like green tea will shrink the acne pores, and finally, the pores will fade out completely. The core-plus of the Plum oil is its anti-inflammatory properties that present the pores from any bacterial infection.
Ingredients UsedGlycolic acid and green tea extracts
- 100% vegan
- Non-shiny finish
- Silicon and paraben-free
- Mineral oil-free
- Avoid using the lotion on acne-prone skin
Plum Green Tea Mattifying Moisturizer, 1.69 Fluid Ounce | For Oily & Acne Prone Skin | Vegan Skin Care l Matte Finish l Oil-Free Skin Beauty
- Plum offers a lightweight, non-comedogenic green tea moisturizer for oily skin. It leaves your skin matt all day long while also keeping it hydrated! This non-greasy and non-sticky formula work wonder for your skin.
- Provides a non-greasy, matte finish to the skin. It contains glycolic acid gently exfoliates and clears up oily skin. It also helps in fighting your skin's pigmentation issues. The serum moisturizes oily and acne-prone skin leaving it matte all day long.
- Green te... Read More
8. L’Oreal ParisHydrafresh Anti-Shine Icy GelThe watery gel's consistency can hydrate your skin as it is enriched with a high mineral source content. The gel keeps the sebum production in control and acts as a makeup base. Zinc and Micro sponge technology employed wipes out the dirt sticking on the pores and makes your skin so soft and fresh.
Ingredients UsedDeep marine water and Zinc
- Matte finish
- Good fragrance
- It might make your skin oily.
L'Oreal Dermo-Expertise Hydrafresh Anti-Shine Icy Gel (For Shiny Skin) 50ml/1.7oz by L'Oreal Paris Facial Moisturizers Beauty
- A nourishing anti-shine gel for shiny skin
- We Shipping by economy International post usually takes 14-17 day. Please contact us if you do not receive your order after 20 business day and we will try to help you resolve it. ... Read More
9. Mamaearth Oil-Free Face MoisturizerA perfect moisturizing lotion for acne-prone and oily skin is the Mamaearth Face Moisturizer. The lotion is extremely noncomedogenic with a lightweight formula that can nourish the skin and erase the greasiness. This moisturizer has water repellent agents that keep the skin hydrated for a long time. The apple cider vinegar in the moisturizer balances the skin pH (potential of Hydrogen) level. In addition to this, the lubricants like Cetearyl octanoate keeps the skin hydrated, thereby giving anti-aging feature to the skin
Ingredients UsedApple cider vinegar, Cetearyl Octanoate, Betaine
- Non- greasy
- Free from chemicals like Sulphate, Paraben
- Petroleum and mineral oil-free
- No added preservatives
- Breakouts might occur
Mamaearth Oil-Free Moisturizer For Face With Apple Cider Vinegar For Acne Prone Skin, 80 ml Beauty
- Prevents Acne & Pimples A non comedogenic face moisturizer for acne prone skin that helps effective moisturization of your face and keep acne & pimples away.
- Non Greasy Formula The moisturizer feels light on the face and is non-greasy. It nourishes your skin without making it look greasy.
- For Acne Prone Skin A specialized product meant for acne prone skin to not just help you get rid of existing acne & pimples, but also reduces their reoccurrence.
- Provi... Read More
10. Minimalist Sepicalm 3% Oat MoisturizerThe moisturizer that is crafted especially for oily and normal skin is the Minimalist Sepicalm Oat Moisturizer. The shea butter content of the lotion penetrates deep and gives hydration to the skin. This lotion has a polyglutamic acid that prevents water loss on the skin. A power-packed combo of amino acids and minerals reduces the itching of the irritating skin.
Ingredients UsedShea butter, Squalene, Polyglutamic acid, Oat extracts, Vitamin B5.
- Silicone and Sulfate free
- pH balancing
- Low level of absorption
Belif the True Cream Moisturizing Bomb | Moisturizer for Dry Skin | Face Cream, Hydration, Clean Beauty Beauty & Personal Care
- ... Read More
11. Briton AcMIST Moisturizing Cream GelA good nonsticky and oil-free moisturizer used for clear skin free from acne is the Briton AcMIST moisturizing cream. The quick absorption formula goes deep down the skin to remove the pores. With ingredients like aloe vera, squalene, Vitamin E, the lotion can smoothen the skin.
Ingredients UsedAloe vera, Vitamin E, Squalene
- Free from oil and irritation
- Quick absorption
- Mild fragrance
- NO suitable for all type of skin
CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30 | Oil-Free Face Moisturizer with Sunscreen | Non-Comedogenic | 3 Ounce Beauty & Personal Care
- [ BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 30 ] A micro-fine zinc oxide sunscreen for UVA/UVB protection. This CeraVe moisturizer with SPF is a hydrating facial lotion that spreads easily, is absorbed quickly, and leaves a non-greasy finish
- [ OIL FREE DAY CREAM ] Use this daily face sunscreen as the last step in a morning skincare routine. If layering with an eye cream, moisturizer or facial serum, apply Cerave AM facial lotion after other product applications have been fully absorbed
- [ SUNSCREEN... Read More
12. Forest Essential Pure Aloe Vera hydrating Facial GelThe cooling formula incorporated in the gel from FOREST ESSENTIALS restores the skin moisture. The wheat germ removes the dead cells and boosts the blood circulation on the face. Plus, the antioxidant-rich root extracts of Ashwagandha enhance the immune system's functionality. The aloe vera gel and the Glycerin content heals the skin with clogging.
Ingredients UsedAloe vera extract, Wheat germ, Glycerin, and Ashwagandha
- Cen percent Organic
- Good fragrance
- A bit expensive
Forest Essentials Light Hydrating Facial Gel Pure Rosewater -50g Beauty & Personal Care
- Forest Essentials Light Hydrating Facial Gel Pure Rosewater -50g ... Read More
13. Shiseido Essential Energy Moisturizing Gel-creamOne of the best moisturizing gel that suits all skin types is the Shiseido essential moisturizing gel cream. The ingredients included in the gel are Ashitaba, Citrus Unshiu peel extract, and active response powder. All these ingredients can speed up the healing process of the skin. On consistent usage, you can feel the smoothness of the skin.
Ingredients UsedAshitaba, Citrus Unshiu peel extract, and active response powder
- Mild fragrance
- Stunning moisturizing properties
- Recommended to all type of skin
- Slightly steep price.
Shiseido Essential Energy Moisturizing Gel Cream By for Women, Gel Cream, 1.7 Oz Beauty & Personal Care
- This is a dewy, fresh gel.
- It is created with a reneura technology
- It counteracts dullness, dryness, and the appearance of dark spots
- The package dimension of the product is 6"L x 2"W x 2"H ... Read More
14. Himalaya herbals Oil-free Radiance Gel CreamWith selective ingredients, Himalaya herbals can make the skin free from oil and maintain the skin's hydration level. The antioxidant properties of the Winter melon protect the skin from the UV rays and give instant refreshment to the skin. The deep action formula of the gel makes it quickly absorbed into the skin and gives a shine-free look, and balances the skin moisture level for a radiant tone
Ingredients UsedWinter melon and Barbary fig
- Laboratory tested
- Free from mineral oil and Paraben
- Irritation might occur
Himalaya Nourishing Skin Renewal Cream Ultra Hydrating for Soft Skin, 1.69 oz Beauty
- WITH ALOE VERA & ASHWAGANDHA: To nourish and moisturize your skin with antioxidant properties to help skin cell regeneration and reduce free radical damage
- IDEAL FOR NORMAL TO DRY SKIN: This light, non-greasy, daily-use cream provides all day moisturizing, nourishment and protection from dry weather, pollution and the elements
- DERMATOLOGICALLY TESTED: Enjoy the sensory pleasure of a silky-smooth face and body cream that is mild and non-greasy, so it won’t clog pore... Read More
15. Cerave Moisturizing lotionA moisturizer that a dermatologist suggests for a skincare routine is the Cerave Moisturizing lotion. This noncomedogenic lotion consists of ingredients like Hyaluronic acid and Ceramide cream. These two ingredients can strengthen the skin barrier and give instant remedy from diseases like eczema and psoriasis. Cerave guarantees 24hour hydration to the skin.
Ingredients UsedHyaluronic acid and Ceramide cream
- Suitable to any skin type
- Good hydrating property
- Smooth and shiny skin texture
- No fragrance
- On applying, the skin seems tight and dry.
Cerave Cerave Moisturizing Lotion, 12 oz by CeraVe Beauty & Personal Care
- ... Read More
Normal SkinIt falls in the middle of the scale. Normal skin will be neither dry nor oily. To balance the natural moisture, use a hydro-based moisturizer with ultra-lightweight formula. These types of lotions have the main ingredient called Cyclomethicone.
Oily skinWe know that oily skin is prone to acne. These skin types need moisture after using the skincare products as they remove oil and leave the skin dry. A light noncomedogenic moisturizer will give super protection to the skin. Be careful while choosing the moisturizer; it should be labeled with noncomedogenic. The remedy for getting acne-free skin to use noncomedogenic products. Mainly, avoid using petroleum jelly and coconut oil products as ingredients as it can increase the skin's oil content on the application.
Combination SkinAs the name suggests, combination skin will have the texture of both dry and oily skin. In detail, some of the face parts like the forehead will be oily, and other parks like cheeks seem to be dry. You can try out a light moisturizer with broad-spectrum sunscreen.
Sensitive skinAll skin-related diseases like rashes, itches arise on sensitive skin. You have to focus on harmless ingredients like aloe vera. Better stick with natural or organic products to get relief from skin irritation. Completely avoid using chemical products.
Mature skinThe skin turns old with age by becoming thin, dry, and finally losing its elasticity. Unlike other skin types, an oil-based moisturizer containing petroleum jelly is recommended for this type of skin. Choose products that have hydroxy acid or antioxidants to protect the skin from scaly skin and wrinkles.
How to know which product works?Before knowing which product works, let's know the reason for the breakout. The acne's common reason on the skin is excess oil or dead cells that provide an environment for bacteria to dump into the follicle. Another reason for acne breakout is the Hormones. You can see many pores on the face at young adult age, which is absolute because of hormonal imbalance. In rare cases, a glycemic diet can also drive acne worse. In fact, following a diet does not cause acne. Our ultimate goal is to eradicate the blockage on the face. The primary important factor is that you should not plug out the acne with your hands. This habit can cause even more irritation in the acne-prone area.
There are no definite rulesStill, there are no proper rules from the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) for using the term "comedogenic" and "noncomedogenic" on moisturizers and makeup products labels. We commonly use a scale rating to classify the products into comedogenic and noncomedogenic. If the product has a rating of 0 to 5 on the scale, it is called comedogenic. The cosmetic product is noncomedogenic if the scale rating lies between 0 to 2. But the truth is, the scale is not a standard one. Most of the companies have a habit of testing their products on rabbit ears. But many customers are against product testing on animals. Some researchers count the comedones (the small bumps on the forehead or chin) during the product's testing.
Ingredients you must look forIf your acne is light, look for moisturizing products that have ingredients like
- Benzoyl peroxide
- Salicylic acid
- Sunflower oil
- Neem oil
- Almond oil
- Grapeseed oil
- Hemp Seed oil
Ingredients you must avoid.The products with ingredients that you should avoid are listed below
- Isopropyl myristate and derivatives, including
- Isopropyl palmitate
- Butyl stearate
- Isostearyl neopentanoate
- Myristyl myristate
- Isocetyl stearate
- Octyl stearate
- Octyl palmitate
- Decyl oleate
- 2. D&C red eyes
- Lanolins mainly acetylated and ethoxylated lanolin
- Propylene glycol-2 (PPG-2) myristyl propionate
Benefits of Using noncomedogenic skin moisturizer for oily skinIf you are a person with Oily skin or acne-prone skin, all you need is a noncomedogenic. If you consult a dermatologist, you will come across the term "noncomedogenic moisturizer" on the prescription slip. Ordinary moisturizers will block the pores and result in a pimple, black, and whiteheads. Moisturizers coming with a "noncomedogenic" label, have the property of unblocking the pores. Some of the benefits of noncomedogenic moisturizers are
- Clear the pores and helps in reducing the acne
- Keep the oil production in control.
- Do not remove the necessary moisture of the skin
- The smell is too light and doesn't cause a headache
- Availability of nourishing ingredients smoothen the skin
- Recommended for all type of skin (normal, dry, and oil)
FAQs on Noncomedogenic moisturizers
What is the difference between hydration and nourishment?Hydration is just a term that indicates the skin to be maintained with water content to avoid dryness. In contrast, nourishing is used on the product label saying that the moisturizer can provide the nutrients from the ingredients involved, antioxidants, and anti-aging properties.
Why is moisture important to the skin?People who intake more water will have healthy skin. Water is the major factor based on which the skin is classified into dry, normal, and oily skin. The skin's surface layer contains up to 30% of water content, the percentage increases as you go deeper levels. If a skin does not have adequate moisture, it can result in dry skin. Noncomedogenic moisturizers can give both moisture and nourishment.
Whether noncomedogenic oil is before or after?For amazing results, use the noncomedogenic oil and sunscreen lotion before applying the noncomedogenic moisturizer. This layer will seal the moisturizer.
How quickly are the results seen?It depends on the type of skin. It takes time to get the result as the product's efficiency will vary from skin to skin. Factors like patience, trial and error method is important. Don't forget to look into the ingredients that are apt for the skin.
How to use noncomedogenic moisturizer for skin
- Before applying any product to the face, do a spot test. Apply the noncomedogenic oil on the wrist (it better to test on the wrist first than on the face) and leave it for 24 hours to see the reaction.
- Avoid using the oil on sensitive areas like near the eye unless you think the product is extremely safe for your skin.
- Always stick towards branded one with no artificial ingredients.
- Before adding the noncomedogenic moisturizer to the cart, check out the expiry date. Checking out the label plays a crucial role as outdated products can make the skin even worse.