9 Best Fragrance-Free Lotions 2021 | Buying Guide
We all wish for healthier and younger-looking skin but fail to grab them. What stops you from achieving such skin?
Obviously! The skincare products. We all will make mistakes in choosing the right products for our skin.
Nowadays, there are various factors such as sun damage, dust, pollutants, spoil the normal skin. So, it is vital to prevent skin from such factors.
When we think about skincare products, the first product that strikes our mind is absolutely the body lotion. It features all in one can be used any body parts to keep the skin hydrated and moisturized throughout the day.
There are many body lotions with various features, but we all will go for the body lotions that have a pleasant fragrance.
However, the fragranced body lotions are not perfect for long-term use as they may affect the skin with their artificial chemicals.
This is because many companies come up with unscented body lotions, ensuring your skin safety.
For this, here we have compiled the best fragrance-free body lotions for all skin types. Come, let's break one by one.
Best Fragrance-Free Lotions for Dry Skin
1. Curél Fragrance-Free Comforting Body Lotion
The fragrance-free body lotion by Curél is specifically for dry skin, which hydrates and moisturizes the skin and keeps them all day.
Besides the dry skin, this can also be used for sensitive skin, deeply getting into the skin and repairing them from the root.
Curél Fragrance-Free also helps improve the ceramide levels of the skin to maintain the skin's hydration level.
- Dermatologist recommended lotion
- Keeps the skin moisturized throughout the day
- Perfect for both dry and sensitive skin
- No artificial colors and fragrances
- Quick absorbing
- Leaves no residue on the skin
- Some skin requires reapplication
Curél Fragrance Free Comforting Body Lotion, Body and Hand Moisturizer for Dry, Sensitive Skin, 13 Ounce, with Advanced Ceramide Complex, Repairs Moisture Barrier Body Lotions Beauty
- REPAIR YOUR SKIN - Hydrates and relieves dry, irritated, itchy skin
- ALL DAY MOISTURIZER - Time-released hydration provides 24 hours of continuous relief
- RESTORE MOISTURE - Helps to restore skin's natural moisture barrier with daily use
- FORMULATED WITH SAFE INGREDIENTS - Non-irritating, non-greasy, and fast-absorbing
- DRY SKIN RELIEF - With Advanced Ceramide Complex, the lotion restores skin's ceramide levels to help retain moisture and prevent symptoms of ... Read More
2. The Honest Company Purely Sensitive Face + Body Lotion
The Honest Face and Body Lotion is specifically formulated for sensitive skin with its natural ingredients. However, this is great for any skin type, age, and gender.
This gentleness on the skin and leaves them hydrated for a more extended period. You can use this lotion on both the face and various body parts.
Its ingredients like shea butter, safflower, olive, and jojoba oil are mild, so, without a doubt, it is ideal for sensitive skin.
- Ideal for sensitive skin but great on all skin types.
- Only natural ingredients
- Paraben and silicone-free
- No synthetic fragrances
The Honest Company Purely Sensitive Face + Body Lotion | Dermatologist Tested | Fragrance Free | Body Lotion for Sensitive Skin | Baby Lotion | Calendula & Aloe | 8.5 Fl Oz Health & Personal Care
- PURELY SENSITIVE: Honest Purely Sensitive Fragrance Free Face + Body Lotion is natural, pure, gentle, and specifically formulated for sensitive skin. Our plant-based, hypoallergenic body and face lotion hydrates and moisturizes even the most sensitive skin and is gentle enough for the whole family. Natural oils balanced with organic ingredients leave skin supremely soft and never greasy. We’re making skin happy, one cheek at a time.
- GENTLE & MILD: Organic Shea butter and oli... Read More
3. Eucerin Baby Body Lotion
The Eucerin Baby Body Lotion contains natural ingredients, making the lotion suitable for all skin types, even baby skin. This lotion can be used for everyday use to protect them from getting damaged or dried.
Natural components like shea butter and vitamin B5 are infused to add nourishment and hydration to the skin.
- Dermatologists recommended products
- Ideal for baby skin
- Includes vitamin B5 and shea butter
They might leave residue on some skin if not applied properly.
Eucerin Baby Body Lotion - Hypoallergenic & Fragrance Free, Safe for Everyday Use on Sensitive Skin - 13.5 fl. oz. Pump Bottle Health & Personal Care
- Eucerin Baby Cream is gentle enough to use every day and is enriched with moisturizing ingredients
- Pro-Vitamin B5 enriched to help nourish and hydrate skin
- Natural Shea Butter enriched to soften, smooth and protect baby's skin
- Hypoallergenic, free of fragrances, parabens, dyes and drying alcohols
- Dermatologist and pediatrician recommended brand ... Read More
4. Aquaphor Healing Ointment
The Aquaphor Healing Ointment is another fragrance-free lotion for dry hands, cracked feet, and heels, chapped lips, etc. This offers unexpected results in a shorter period but when applied regularly.
This is enough for all your skin needs, right from nourishing to repairing damaged skin.
The healing ointment creates a protective layer on the skin and prevents it from entering the excess fluids and oxygen.
Thus, this is considered a healer for damaged skin with various environmental factors such as sunburns.
- Can be used daily
- Heals burns, cracks, and dryness skin
- The best ointment for chapped lips
- Dermatologists recommended
- No preservatives
- Included some chemicals like mineral oil, alcohol, etc.
Aquaphor Healing Ointment Moisturizing Skin Protectant for Dry Cracked Hands Heels and Elbows Use After Hand Washing Oz Jar, bA, Fragrance Free, 14 Ounce Aquaphor Healing Ointment Baby Beauty
- 1 essential solution for many skin care needs: Use as a lip moisturizer, hand cream, foot cream for dry cracked feet, minor wound care and much more
- Different from a lotion or cream, this ointment nourishes skin while creating a protective barrier that allows for the flow of oxygen to create an ideal healing environment.Sulfate free
- Extreme weather conditions and frequent exposure to water, hand soap, and hand sanitizer can cause dry cracked hands and cuticles. Use Aquaphor ... Read More
5. Aveeno Skin Relief 24-Hour Moisturizing Lotion
The Lotion by Aveeno is a therapeutic and moisturizing lotion. There is nothing fragrance added to this lotion, so this is fragrance-free. This works well on dry skin and keeps them hydrated throughout the day.
This is formulated with natural ingredients like shea butter, dimethicone, and triple oat complex, adding nourishment and hydration to the skin.
So, your skin will feel fresh and soft all day. This is because it is one of our top picks.
- Recommended by dermatologists
- Perfect for sensitive and dry skin as well
- Hydrates and nourishes the skin
- Quick absorbing
- Allergic free
Aveeno Skin Relief 24-Hour Moisturizing Lotion for Sensitive Skin with Natural Shea Butter & Triple Oat Complex, Unscented Therapeutic Lotion for Extra Dry, Itchy Skin, 12 fl. oz Everything Else
- 12-fluid ounces of Aveeno Skin Relief 24-Hour Moisturizing Lotion is fragrance-free and starts working immediately to hydrate and soothe sensitive, dry skin
- It's specially formulated with soothing Triple Oat Complex containing oat flour, oat oil & extract, and natural shea butter and dimethicone skin protectant to help restore skin's essential moisture
- Our therapeutic lotion is fragrance-free and steroid-free, and is clinically proven to moisturize for a full 24 hours fo... Read More
6. Vanicream Lite Lotion
The Vanicream Lite is another pick as it is rich in natural ingredients, which is strong enough for nourished and hydrated skin. This is gluten, paraben, and alcohol-free.
So, there is no need to worry about the side effects of the skin. This will effectively hydrate and moisturize the whole body and face.
- Stays too long on the skin
- Nourishes and hydrates skin
- No colors or formaldehyde
- Mild scent
Vanicream Lite Lotion with Pump for Sensitive Skin, 16oz Per Bottle (3 Pack) Beauty & Personal Care
- ... Read More
7. CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion
Like others on this list, this moisturizing lotion is also fragrance-free and keeps the skin moisturized all day.
This is infused with three different ceramides to hydrate and nourish the skin, making it stay soft and smoother for a longer period.
One of the most important ingredients in the lotion is hyaluronic acid, helping the skin restore its natural moisture level.
There is no oil and chemicals in this lotion, and it doesn't leave residue on the skin after application.
This also quickly gets into the skin faster than others on this list.
- Includes ceramide- 1, 3, and 6 II
- No artificial fragrance and colors
- Gentle on the skin
- No greasy
- Don't irritate the skin
- Perfect for daily use
CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion for Dry Skin | Body Lotion & Facial Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid and Ceramides | 12 Ounce Body Lotions Beauty & Personal Care
- [ DAILY MOISTURIZING LOTION ] Smooth, light-weight texture that is absorbed quickly, leaving skin feeling smooth and hydrated, never greasy
- [ LONG-LASTING HYDRATION ] Contains Hyaluronic Acid to help retain skins natural moisture and MVE technology to provide 24 hour hydration
- [ ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to he... Read More
8. Lubriderm Daily Moisture Lotion
The Lubriderm lotion contains wildcrafted ingredients sourced from North California, including 24-hours moisturization and hydration on the skin.
This can be used for both dry and sensitive skin with its 100% natural formulation.
Besides moisturizing the skin, it helps to reduce the dryness and itchiness of the skin.
- Ideal for dry and sensitive skin but can be used for all skin types
- There are no artificial colors
- Organic formulation
- quick-absorbing formula
- Includes vitamin B5 for replenished skin
- Bit of water consistency
Lubriderm Daily Moisture Lotion - Fragrance Free - 16 oz - 2 pk Beauty
- Developed by dermatologists for healthier skin. Clean. Non-greasy feel. ... Read More
9. Kiss My Face Olive & Aloe Fragrance-Free Body Lotion
The Kiss My Face body lotion is enriched with natural ingredients like aloe vera, olive oil, soothing and hydrating skin, and keeping them fresh all day.
For better results, it is important to apply the lotion on a regular basis.
- Completely natural ingredients
- No artificial colors
- Paraben, phthalate, cruelty-free
- No allergic reactions
- Includes gluten
Kiss My Face Olive & Aloe Fragrance Free Body Lotion, 32 Ounce Beauty & Personal Care
- Your skin absorbs what you put on it - this unique and balanced formula is bursting with Naturally Nourishing ingredients to soothe and hydrate sensitive dry skin
- This rich blend of Olive Oil and Aloe Vera was created with your sensitive skin in mind - it is a naturally effective gentle lotion for sensitive skin and it's fragrance free
- Olive Oil and Aloe Vera make the perfect pair to provide the best moisturizer for sensitive skin - plus it works great under makeup too ... Read More
Why Fragrance-Free Lotions?
It is well known that fragranced products are more sensitive to skin tones, even natural or artificial ingredients.
However, it is hard to find fragrance-free products on the market today. But still, many brands offer skin products without fragrances for the health benefits of people.
The fragrance-free products never include harmful chemicals or artificial ingredients either!
So, no worries about health anymore with fragrance-free lotions.!
How Skin Reacts to Fragrance?
Most fragrance ingredients impart smell through a volatile reaction. This is still a natural reaction that may sensitize the skin.
According to the research, the fragrances in skincare products are behind the reason for some skin problems. This is not only on sensitive skin or redness-prone skin but all skin types as well.
Sometimes, the skin doesn't react or show any signs after using fragranced skincare products. But it doesn't mean that your skin is not affected or aggravated by those products.
We wish those factors to be true but still need to be concerned about some things because the skin is good at hiding and reacts very slowly.
So, don't assume that your skin is resistant to fragranced products if you didn't find any damages on the skin surfaces because some may react later.
Some will start with small skin problems but end up severe in the long term.
For example, think about the sun's damages; in the beginning, you cannot find any damages to your skin, even exposing skin without sunscreens.
This will take time and end up with hardening, tanning, itching skin, etc. The same will happen for the fragranced skin products as well.
This is why we advise you to avoid skin products with fragrance for better skin for a longer period.
Why Do So Many Products Contain Fragrance?
That's a good question, and the answer is very simple.
It's because people around the world would like to use the skin and hair care products with fragrance as they smell nice. So, the cosmetic companies understand the demand for fragranced skincare products, and all of them are trying to gain or impress the consumers with their pleasingly fragranced products.
Another reason is not all cosmetic products naturally smell good without the fragrance ingredients. Undoubtedly, the fragrance skincare products cover more audiences than pleasing regular smell products.
In other words, the fragrance is added to help cover the unpleasant smell from the product that used too long. Especially if they are formulated with only natural ingredients with jar packed.
The ingredients on the jar packed may degrade faster once it's opened because they are easily exposed to air and bacteria from your finger dipping in. So, this has been hidden with smells of great fragrances.
But still, there are many formulas that can smell pleasant and likable that are skin resistant, and don't affect the skin at any cost. They are not the right ingredients for skincare products.
It's because it is wise to go for fragrance-free lotions to keep your skin healthy for a longer period.
Can Your Nose Know?
Unluckily, it can't. Some natural ingredients like vanilla, aloe vera, melon, cucumber, mango, almond, shea, and cocoa butter smell pleasant but don't irritate the skin.
Some fragrances are often added to the products to mask the natural smell of the ingredients that don't smell nice. So, the product has no displeasing scent.
Many beneficial ingredients of the skincare products like antioxidants have a natural fragrance, and some may smell great!
These protect your skin from various environmental factors but hard to find by smelling it. But if you are well known for different ingredients and their uses, it is easier for you to find!
We are sure the listed lotions are fragrance-free and don't contain volatile or covering aggravating fragrances.
There are so many beneficial ingredients that impart excellent results for skin that are totally skin resistant and non-irritable.
What To Avoid In The Products?
Harmful chemicals are included in moisturizing lotions for specific reasons.
But some are made without such chemicals for people's better health.
Few chemicals have been hidden behind the name of the fragrance. Here we have listed some harmful chemicals that should be noted and avoided during the purchase of the fragrances.
- Artificial fragrances
- Benzene derivatives
As discussed, there are plenty of unscented lotions on the market today. You can also find a lot of products like shampoos, soaps, body wash without fragrances. Along with the lotion, it is advisable to try out other skin products that are fragrance-free for healthier skin.
These products are made from botanical and floral ingredients that are great on sensitive skin. Still, there are many questions that may arise in the minds of common people.
How Do You Know If A Lotion Is Fragrance-Free
There are three different things that will help you find unscented skin care products. So, following the tips will definitely help you while choosing fragrance-free lotions.
Check the Label
The first and foremost factor that should be noted on the product is its label. All you need to do is look at the label of the products where you can find the fragranced ingredients or mentioned as unscented because most brands are pretty good at mentioning their products are unscented somewhere on the bottle.
However, each product is different, so you cannot find it in the same place for all. So, check carefully everywhere on the container.
Smell Test (if possible)
This is secondary, but do it if possible or get a chance from somewhere. You can easily find out whether the product is unscented by a smell test.
Don't smell other products before or during this process because you may be confused about which fragrance is from which products.
This is easy, works well on the lotions, and chooses the product that smells like nothing.
Ask for Advice
If you are still unsure about the skincare lotion and its fragrance, get help from others. This is probably another easiest way to find out the factor.
You can ask your friends if they are already experienced with that specific lotion, they can help you with this.
Another way is asking the specific company by email or phone call whether their products are unscented or not. In this way, it is possible to find out your answers.
The last two factors are optional but required when the details are not mentioned in the label or the descriptions box.
Is Unscented Lotion Better Than Scented?
This is the most common question among people nowadays. We are answering this question after consulting with professionals.
The answer is the fragrance-free lotion is somewhat better than fragrance.
The only factor that changes between the two, which is its formulation.
Most ingredients are identical in both but varied a bit. They will typically have the ingredients like oils, water, and others that help the skin.
The only difference is its fragrance, and the unscented lotion never contains fragranced ingredients.
The most common fact about the two is its moisturizing properties, and others remain different like formulation, etc.
Can You Use Unscented Lotion On My Face?
Using the fragrance-free lotion on your face is good as long as the product is kept in a safe place.
And it should be ideal for the face, and its ingredients are non-allergenic to the skin.
So, it is important to check the label whether it is only for the face or body, or both. It is because the formulation of the product would be varied from one another.
For instance, some fragrance-free lotions are made with comedogenic that shouldn't be used on your face. The comedogenic ingredients may clog pores and form acne breakouts.
So, unscented lotion that is specialized for the body is not suitable for the face as its concentration is probably too high for your face. So, it is not a good idea to use body lotion on your face.
Unscented Lotion Ingredients
An unscented lotion can be used on your face only if it doesn't include any allergic ingredients. If you do not care about the ingredients, you may face some skin problems like redness, an itchy face, etc.
So, have a habit of checking the ingredients on the label without fail.
It may seem like finding the right company for a fragrance-free lotion without allergenic ingredients would be difficult, but we are sure that the listed products are among the one.
So, we recommend you try out the products that suit your skin on the mentioned above lists.
According to the dermatologist's suggestion, try to avoid the unscented lotions with alcohol, parabens, and phthalates.
These products are rated high and best as they are paraben, alcohol, and cruelty-free and include only natural ingredients. Besides that, they are also free from common allergens and irritants. So, you can pick the one that suits your skin and needs. Use the fragrance-free lotion regularly on your skin for sooner better results.