Best body wash for oily skin
It is not easy to deal with oily skin. Although you look fresh after the bath, the oil starts to secrete on the skin and gives you a dull appearance. So, it is essential to control the sebum production on the body.
Choosing the right body wash balances the oil and pH levels on the skin. In parallel, removes the accumulated dirt on the face. Let us have a quick look into the best body wash available for men and women in the market.
Top Body wash based on the reviews 2021
1. Neutrogena Body Clear body wash
One of the best Body washes typically formulated for removing the oiliness is the Neutrogena Body clear body wash. The main ingredient, salicylic acid, can unclog the pores and leaves no residues after the wash. The super lather formula wipes out all the dust sticking on to the body.
Although this product is not a moisturizer, it can perform all the moisturizing properties and immediately give a feel-good effect after the shower bath. Moreover, it is highly recommended for all skin types to prevent acne from occurring on the face. The mild formula of the product is entirely suitable for sensitive skin.
- Contains salicylic acid
- No residue left after the wash
- It suits to the skin for any type
- Good aroma
- Dry skin user found lack of moisture on the skin
Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash for Clean, Clear Skin, 8.5 Ounce Beauty
- Dermatologist recommended
- Foaming lather rinses thoroughly and without leaving any poreclogging residue behind
- Neutrogena manufactures a line of dermatologist recommended skin and hair care products distributed in more than 70 countries ... Read More
2. Mario Badescu A.H.A Botanical Body Wash
If you want to reduce the oil extraction on your clear skin? Use Mario Badescu botanical Body wash to remove excess oil production on the skin. The ingredients like the extracts of Papaya and grapefruit exfoliates the skin and gives a fresh feeling with its pleasant aroma.
The infused ingredient like oat protein clears the residue remaining on the skin surface without disturbing the skin's natural texture. And also, the ginseng extracts will replenish the skin. The gel formula of the body wash forms a good lather that can cover your whole body.
You can have a quick bath as you don't find it difficult to rinse the residue. After the wash, the hair looks so soft and smooth. We recommend not to use sensitive skin due to the itchy feel.
- Acts as an Exfoliator
- Oat protein cleanses the skin
- Gives a soft texture to the skin
- Might be itchy when applied to sensitive skin
3. Phisoderm Anti-blemish Body wash
Generally, Oily skin is prone to skin infections like psoriasis, acne, pore and facial blemishes. Phisoderm is all set to get a solution to all your skin related problems with its Anti-blemish body wash. This product has the potential to maintain the pH level on the skin. In addition to this, the body wash can effectively clear your skin within a few days.
The ingredients like Vitamin E and Chamomile will restore the lost natural texture of the skin. The watery formula easily blends and forms lather. But you must care utmost once you dispense the bottle. Since the body wash comes in a plastic bottle, it is safe to carry anywhere.
- Antioxidant-rich properties
- Balances the pH level of the skin
- Minimize the pores within a short period
- Non recommended for dry skin
- Watery texture is hard to control when dispensed
Phisoderm Anti-Blemish Body Wash, 10-Ounce Beauty & Personal Care
- With 2% Salicylic Acid to clear up acne breakouts
- Triple soothing formula with Aloe, Vitamin E and Chamomile
- Oil Free, Soap-free, Alcohol-free, Dye-free
- Refreshing fragrance
- For face, try our pHisoderm Anti-Blemish gel cleanser ... Read More
4. TheraTree Tea Tree Oil body wash
Tree tea oil has numerous benefits. People choose skincare products that have Tea tree oil as the main ingredient. The anti-inflammatory properties of this product can heal the skin prone to acne and pores. The neem oil added with Tea tree oil will increase the effectiveness of the body wash. The antioxidant-rich properties of the neem oil treat acnes and the skin diseases like psoriasis and eczema.
It also works as an excellent moisturizing agent and gives a vibrant glow to the skin with a series of omega fatty acids.
- Composed of only natural ingredients
- Acts as a moisturizing agent
- Pleasant fragrance
- Good healing properties
- Some users might not like the scent
TheraTree Tea Tree Oil Soap with Neem Oil - 12oz - Helps Skin Irritation, Body Odor, & Helps Restore Healthy Complexion for Body and Face by Oleavine TheraTree Beauty & Personal Care
- ORGANIC & NATURAL INGREDIENTS (NO HARMFUL CHEMICALS!!!) NO Chemical Preservatives, Thickeners, Detergents, Petroleum, Silicone, Synthetic Fragrance or Dyes.
- CONCENTRATED VALUE SIZE – Rich Foaming Action and Concentrated Liquid Solution Formula Means a Little Goes a Long Way. Gentle Enough for Daily Use. Ideal for Athletes. Soothing Body Wash For Men and Women.
- COMPLEXION CONTROL - Helps Wash Away Dirt, Impurities, & Make-up from Skin Surface and Pores. Helps Re... Read More
5. Neutrogena Rainbath Body wash
Looking for a long-lasting body wash? Neutrogena Rainbath body wash answers your expectations. A little bottle with just 32 ounces can serve for long days. There is a seperate fanbase for this product as it maintains the moisture level on the skin.
The added advantage of Neutrogena Rainbath body wash is the range of fragrance available in the market. It smells too awesome and controls the sebum production without disturbing the natural texture of the skin. The only thing that pulls down the new version of the product is the strong scent.
- Retains the natural hair texture
- Forms good lather
- Serves for an extended period
- Strong smell in the new version
Neutrogena Rainbath Refreshing Shower and Bath Gel- 40 oz (Mega Size) Beauty
- Rain bath Shower & Bath Gel cleans, softens and conditions skin without a heavy leave-behind residue
- Made in USA
- Extra-Large Club Size ... Read More
6. Dove body wash with Shea butter and Vanilla combo
The mild soothing formula of Dove is the reason for its popularity among the people. The shea butter adds more effectiveness to the product. The lather is too thick, and wash out all the residue sticking on the body.
We request you not to ignore the product at its first sight because of the smell. Try one, and you would surely get addicted to it. The skin remains moisturized for an extended period after the shower. Some users find that the moisturizing effect on dry skin doesn't long last.
- Shea butter acts as a natural moisturizer
- Mild soothing formula
- Free from sulphates
- The moisturizing effects doesn't last longer on dry skin
Dove Purely Pampering with Shea Butter and Warm Vanilla Body Wash 500 ML Beauty & Personal Care
- Dove Shower gel Shea Butter and Vanilla - 500 ml
- The actual product may be different than product image
- 500 Milliliters ... Read More
7. Puracy Natural body showering gel
Are you searching for a body wash that gives a soft texture skin texture? The rich natural foam of Puracy Natural showering gel suits well for both men and women. The extracts derived from fruits and vegetables can maintain the hydration and moisture level on the skin. The main ingredient, sea salt can purify the skin, thereby balances the pH level. The other elements like Citrus and citrus groves leave your skin very soft.
This product is free from harmful chemicals like parabens and sulfates.
- Natural source of ingredients, mainly plant-based
- Free from parabens and sulfates
- Recommended for both men and women
- The body wash does not form much lather
- It doesn't work well for sensitive skin
Puracy Natural Body Wash, Sulfate-Free Bath and Shower Gel, Citrus & Sea Salt, 16 Fl Oz (Pack of 1) Beauty
- NEXT GENERATION FORMULA: Top Customer Rated Body Wash & Shower Gel on Amazon; No Sulfates, Only Natural Preservatives, Rebalanced Natural Fragrance Profile
- SUPERIOR RESULTS: Coconut-based cleansers create rich, luxurious foam; clinical-grade moisturizers hydrate; sea salt purifies and balances; 100% clean rinsing
- CITRUS & SEA SALT: Sun-ripened citrus groves with a gentle breeze of ocean air
- CREATED BY DOCTORS: Developed for daily use by men and wome... Read More
8. Sebamed pH balancing body wash for oily skin
The 2 in 1 formula of the Sebamed face and body face wash is the reason for its top ratings. This product does not contain any alkali, parabens and sulfates. The ingredients in the Body wash can unclog the pores without causing dryness. The perfect blend of the vitamin can soothe the itchiness and prevent the skin from any environmental attack.
- Retains the natural texture without stripping
- The vitamin complex and antioxidants give a healthy coat to the skin
Sebamed Paraben-Free Face and Body Wash With Pump for Sensitive and Delicate Skin pH 5.5 Ultra Mild Dermatologist Recommended Cleanser 33.8 Fluid Ounces (1 Liter) Set of 2 Value Pack, green Bath And Shower Gels Beauty
- 100% soap & alkali-free
- Mild hydrating cleanser
- Same pH as healthy skin -- 5.5 ... Read More
9. La Roche-Posay cleansing body wash
If you are looking for a product for daily use without causing any skin irritation? La Roche-Posay cleansing body wash is the apt one to use. The gel removes only the dirt from the skin surface without disturbing the pH level. This product is composed of ingredients like Zinc Pidolate to cleanse your skin. It has successively undergone an acne-prone test and recommended for all skin types. This purifying gel is free from oils, parabens, soap and alcohol.
- The body wash removes only the excess oil to avoid dryness
- Free from harmful chemicals
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel Cleanser for Oily Skin, 13.52 Fl Oz Premium Beauty
- ... Read More
10. Dove coconut mix moisturizing body wash for oily skin
The Nutrium Moisture technology employed in the Dove moisturizing cream is the main feature that makes the product stand out from the crowd. The natural blend of ingredients gives a 100% moisturizing effect to the skin. The lightweight formula of this body way has high absorbing power and provides instant moisture for the body cells. After rinsing the lather, you can feel the soft texture of the skin.
- Recommended for daily use
- Instant moisture
- Nonstick and leaves no residues
- Pleasant scent
- Free from sulphates and parabens
- Laboratory tested
- Packaging is no so good
Dove Restoring Body Wash Pampers & Softens Skin Coconut Butter and Cocoa Butter Effectively Washes Away Bacteria While Nourishing Your Skin, 22 oz, 4 Count Beauty
- Out of Hand Soap Dove Coconut Butter and Cocoa Butter Body Wash is Just As Effective for Cleaning Hands!
- MILD AND PH-BALANCED: Dove Restoring Body Wash includes Moisture Renew Blend—a combination of skin-natural nourishers and plant-based moisturizers that absorb deeply into the top layers of skin.
- #1 DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED BODY WASH: Works to restore dry skin with a rich, creamy formula, leaving your skin softer and smoother than a shower gel can.
- THOUGH... Read More
11. Murad Purifying acne body wash
Oiliness on the skin is the reason for acne. When you use Murad Purifying acne body wash, you can get rid of two major concerns; acne and excess oil. The main ingredient, salicylic acid is well known for acne removal on the skin. This product will protect the body from breakouts. Plus, this acne body wash will act as exfoliators with the help of ingredients like glycolic acid and date seed powder. On the other hand, the blend of green tea and licorice root gives a soothing effect to the skin.
- Prevent over dryness of the skin
- No added color and flavors
- Contains salicylic acid
Murad Acne Body Wash (8.5 oz) Clarifying and Exfoliating Bodywash Gel with Salicylic Acid (Packaging May Vary) Beauty & Personal Care
- ... Read More
12. Era Organics Soothing Tea tree oil body wash
The Era Organics Soothing tea tree oil cleanses the face and acts as a total body cleanser. With the primary ingredient tea tree oil, this product is perfect for curing acne-prone and oily skin. The ingredients like aloe vera, pomegranate seed oil, burdock root soothe skin irritation.
All the available ingredients on the label are organic and natural. You can confidently use the product. By the way, Era Organics skin products do not contain any harmful chemicals like parabens, sulfates etc.
The moisturizing formula of the body wash can remove the blackheads and balances the oil on the skin. And also, it helps to reduce the acne and redness of the skin.
- Organic ingredients
- Free from parabens and sulfates
- Moisturizing formula
- Soothing formula
- It might clog the pores
- Not recommended for sensitive skin
Era Organics Tea Tree Oil Face Cleanser – Soothing Face & Body Wash for Oily, Combo, Acne & Rosacea Prone Skin Care - Sulfate Free Facial Wash to Moisturize, Nourish, Soothe Redness & Irritation Beauty
- Whether You’re Fighting Acne, Oily Skin, Rosacea or Chronic Dry Skin, get healthier, smoother looking skin with the power of plant based ingredients. Some of the most robust botanical facial cleanser formulas on the market at a fraction of the cost.
- Don’t Just Wash Your Face and Body, cleanse, soothe and nourish your skin thanks to powerful ingredients your skin will love, including: tea tree oil, goldenseal, burdock root, aloe vera, pomegranate seed oil, st. john’s ... Read More
13. Tree to Tub Clarifying Peppermint Body wash
If you want radiant skin, the Tree to Tub body wash can help you get satisfactory results. If the skin maintains a standard pH level with a value of 5.5, the skin looks healthy and shiny. The product is entirely chemical-free to maintain the pH level of the skin.
The natural foaming properties of the ingredients like soapberries protect the skin from any skin diseases. The other natural ingredients like Shea butter, aloe vera and cucumber maintain the hydration level on the skin.
Peppermint oil is an essential ingredient that makes you feel fresh immediately after the shower.
- Maintains the pH level.
- Chemical free
Clarifying Peppermint Body Wash by Tree to Tub - pH 5.5 Balanced Body Wash with Wild Soapberries, for Sensitive, Oily or Acne Prone Skin. Vegan and Cruelty Free 8.5 oz Beauty & Personal Care
- pH 5.5 Protection: To have healthy, radiant skin, you must keep your skin’s pH at ~5.5, and that’s why dermatologists worldwide recommend Tree To Tub. While most so-called ‘natural’ brands rely on harsh chemicals that disrupt your skin’s pH, we’re the only brand to use the precious Soapberries as the naturally pH 5.5 foaming agent (see video), protecting sensitive, oily, or acne prone skin, and ideal for eczema, psoriasis, and other skin issues.
Reason for oily skin
One of the main reasons for oily skin is "Genetics". DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) hormone is very much needed to control the sebum produced in the body. The other reasons include frequent and prolonged showers. At that time, your skin becomes very dry, so the sebaceous gland produces excessive oil in the body. Another important factor is stress. So, it might be a reason for getting pimples as you grow older.
How to care for Oily skin?
Don't worry about your oily skin. There are many ways to control excessive oil secretion. You can turn your oily skin into healthy skin by following the tips given below.
Washing your face with hot water might break the natural moisture barrier of the skin. We recommended using only Luke water during showers. If you eradicate the oil from the skin, the oil-secreting glands start to produce excessive oil to prevent the skin from dryness. Now, your skin contains more fat compared to the lost quantity.
Buy cleansers especially for oily skin
Avoid using solid type products like soaps. It can only put you in even worse condition. Try gel-type or liquids that have fast penetrating power. These liquid cleansers can maintain the hydration level on the skin.
Rejuvenate the skin with body wash
Studies say that showering for 10 mins in cold water can drive you to relax mode. When you use refreshing body wash, it greatly helps you get rid of dullness, thereby making you active and energetic.
Acts as exfoliator
Look for a body wash that can exfoliate your skin and keep your skin moisturized every day.
Body wash can highly remove the residue remaining on the face.
Wash your face with cold water to maintain the kin with minimum fat. And also, cold water keeps the pores closed, thus preventing the accumulation of dirt.
As a final step, apply moisturizer to the skin. After washing off the body, your skin might get dehydrated. So, don't forget to apply moisturizer on the skin to maintain the hydration level.
Things to consider before buying the body wash
Prevention is always better than cure. Whenever you choose any product, it is vital to have some basic idea about the product. People who often come with complaints are the ones with ignorance about the product.
We have given a list of factors to be considered before a body wash. Take a note of this to get a better clarity
If you think that all the ingredients labelled on the product are suitable for the skin? Not at all. The ingredients might work well based on the skin type. We have chosen the ingredients that can prevent excess oil production.
The versatile ingredient that suits all skin types is salicylic acid. Are you wondering? The tiny molecules contained in the acid have a high penetrating power. These molecules will protect the skin from excess oiliness. Also, they will remove the dead cells from the body surface. Salicylic acid will exfoliate your skin.
If you observe replenishment immediately after the shower, it is because of the presence of Glycolic Acid. This product can heal all the skin related issues of sensitive skin.
Tea Tree Oil
Any product with Tea tree oil can make the skin healthy. The anti-inflammatory properties of the oil can prevent microbial attack on the body skin.
Factors to Consider before buying Body wash
Know your purpose before buying the body wash. This idea will help you to filter out the ingredients you are looking for.
Check out the main functions of the body wash and add it to the cart only if its features give hope to satisfy your expectations
From low to high budget, body wash is available in all price ranges. Skin is susceptible. So, it's better to look out for products having good quality rather than budget. When you go for low-rate products, do consult a dermatologist before trying the Body wash.
Many body washes come in attractive fragrances that might harm your skin. So, prefer using unscented body washes.
Don't rush for results
Companies claim that their products show effective results within a short period. It is not valid. There are numerous factors like microbial attack, hormonal imbalance and allergies that cause acne.
Remember, any skincare product takes time to show its efficiency.
When you're dealing with oily skin, your skincare products should be very mild. Otherwise, it can clog the pores. Use a gentle cleanser to wash the oil filled in the pores.
Products with a high percentage of alcohol might worsen the skin. Your skin becomes drier. But, a small amount of alcohol is beneficial for the skin. Select products that have the most negligible percentage of alcohol.
Consult a dermatologist
Choosing a product that is not suitable for your skin type can cause dryness. To stick on a safer side, consult a dermatologist to know which type of products are apt for your skin.
Moreover, the right products give effective results.
Skincare routine for oily skin
Skin always needs additional care for maintaining a younger look. Some common ideas for daily skincare is given below
You can reduce sebum production by effective cleaning. The gels for oily skin might trigger microbial growth on the skin. So, wash your skin with Luke water before using a cleanser.
Wash your skin twice a day
You need to wash your skin at least twice a day. Clean skin can give better results as the infused ingredients of the body wash can penetrate freely into the skin without any blocks.
Select products having anti-inflammatory properties
Products with anti-inflammatory properties can clear the impurities, pores and remove the blackheads and face blemishes.
Use facial toner
Skin toners can remove excess fat. In addition to this, it also keeps your skin hydrated for long hours.
If you have oily skin, you must maintain the hydration level on the skin. Otherwise, it leads to overproduction of sebum.
Before going out, you should apply sunscreen lotion to protect yourself from the scorching sun.
Pick products meant for oily skin
A wide range of products is available in the market. Get to know the texture of your skin before selecting the products. Remember not to touch the acne or pimple on the face. It could lead to excess oil production and microbial attack.
Do's and Don'ts for oily skin.
- Spray rose water to rejuvenate your skin. A blend of lemon and egg white helps in tightening the pores.
- Use natural masks from the extracts of the ground meal, yoghurt, and honey can give life to the skin cells.
- Apply a layer of honey for about 10 minutes to moisturize the skin.
- Don't use the creamy gel as it can clog the pores.
Achieving healthy and oil-free skin is not an overnight process. But you can start the process by using body wash meant for oily skin. The buyer's guide from this article will help you to get clarity on using the products.
You can also avoid the occurrence of acne and pores with the right skin care product. Moreover, patience is essential. Don't change products often if you are not getting fast results. As we discussed earlier, consult a dermatologist in case of allergies. The body washes mentioned in this article helps you to get a solution for all your questions. You might have shortlisted the product. Place your orders on any e-commerce sites and get your favourite brand.