Top 9 Best Body Lotions 2021 | Buying guide
Obviously! Dry skin troubles you more with various skin problems. The body lotion is necessary to keep skin hydrated throughout the day.
They have been used to moisture the skin. Are you concerned about your skin? Do you have dry skin? Or do the climatic changes dry your skin?
Then, this is the right time to use body lotions on your skin to prevent it from several issues like dry flakiness, sun damages, wrinkles, etc.
However, there are numerous options for body lotions. So, you may get confused about choosing the best and right lotions for your skin.
We are here to help you with the nine different best body lotions that are on the market today. Check out these ten different body lotions for every skin type.
9 Best Body Lotions
Weleda is our top pick as it has been on the market for over 100 years. Now, this is one of the best-selling brands worldwide. Its body lotion of Original Ultra-Rich cream still has a huge fan base everywhere. This is perfect for skin that is very dry and rough.
This is formulated with different beneficial ingredients such as chamomile, calendula extracts, and sweet almond oil, deep down into the skin and making it moisture.
Even after years, Weleda still continues to produce products with the same quality. The body lotions from Weleda are dermatologically tested to ensure their quality.
- Certified body lotion
- Organic ingredients
- Ideal for rough skin types
- Lasts longer effect
- Smooths and nourishes the skin
- Might not be for some skin types
Weleda Skin Food Original Ultra-Rich Body Cream, 2.5 Fl Oz Everything Else
- One, 2.5 Fl oz Tube of Skin Food Original Ultra-Rich Body Cream
- The ultimate moisturizer for dry, rough skin
- Skin Food is a universal savior of dry, rough skin on faces, elbows, hands and feet.
- With extracts of gentle viola tricolor, calendula and chamomile, in a rich, thick base of oils and beeswax, Skin Food hydrates skin to give you a healthy-looking glow.
- Our products are free from synthetic compounds or toxic chemicals. Instead, we use flower, fruit ... Read More
2. Cerave daily moisturizing lotion
The body lotion from Cerave is best in hydrating and nourishing the skin. This can be used for different skin parts such as arms, lips, cuticles, and dry spots.
So, this is considered a multi-purpose lotion-like One For All Balm.
What's great about this lotion is it is vegan and formulated with different active ingredients. Hyaluronic Acid is one of them soothing the skin wherever it's used, like lips, heels, etc.
The company donates its 10% shares from online income to Loveland foundation and One Tree Planted.
- Organic ingredients
- Multi-use lotion
- Includes beeswax for skin nourishment
- Water-resistant protection
- Excellent for everyday use
- Lasts longer effect
- No cons
CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion for Dry Skin | Body Lotion & Facial Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid and Ceramides | 12 Ounce Body Lotions Beauty & Personal Care
- [ DAILY MOISTURIZING LOTION ] Smooth, light-weight texture that is absorbed quickly, leaving skin feeling smooth and hydrated, never greasy
- [ LONG-LASTING HYDRATION ] Contains Hyaluronic Acid to help retain skins natural moisture and MVE technology to provide 24 hour hydration
- [ ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to he... Read More
3. Burt's Bees
Do you spend more time under the sun? Then, this is the cream for you!
You'll definitely love this lotion because of its formulation that is very effective and totally safe.
The active ingredients such as aloe vera, linden (a flower indigenous), and plant-based extracts moisturize and hydrate the skin. This is excellent for someone who is often used to spend their time outside.
They are sourced, manufactured, produced, and packed safely. So, there is no need to worry about any side effects.
The added benefit of the lotion is its quick-absorbing formula. So, this lotion is absorbed into the skin in a short time, and so, you don't have to wait for that!
- 6% natural ingredients
- paraben free
- Leaping Bunny certified
- Excellent for sunburn
- Soothes skin
- Quick absorbing formula
- Use the cream after sun exposure for better results
- Not the one for some skin types
Burt's Bees 100% Natural Moisturizing Lip Balm, Original Beeswax with Vitamin E & Peppermint Oil – 4 Tubes Lip Balms And Moisturizers Beauty & Personal Care
- LIP CARE: Bursting with minty freshness, refresh and nourish your lips with Burt's Bees Beeswax moisturizing lip balm.
- COOLING COMFORT: Made with Beeswax, Vitamin E and a hint of peppermint oil, hydrate and nourish dry lips with the original favorite Burt's Bees lip balm
- LONG LASTING MOISTURE: Just one swipe of this conditioning lip balm leaves your lips smooth and refreshed all day long.
- ALL NATURAL: Enriched with 100% natural origin ingredients, this natural lip ... Read More
4. Seed Phytonutrients
Are you looking for a lotion manufactured in the USA? Then, the Seed Phytonutrients lotion is the best choice.
The ingredients in these lotions are grown by America's independent organic farmers, ensuring the quality of the product.
They featured three different ingredients such as coconut, shea butter, and nutrient-rich seed oil.
And the seed oils are cold-pressed, making the lotions to be a great one!
- 99 percent natural ingredients
- Leaping Bunny certified
- Eco friendly
- Three different oils for moisturizing the skin
- Excellent for all skin types
- Absorbs quickly
- Fragranced a beach sage and cedar leaf
- No cons
Seed Phytonutrients Daily Hair Cleanser Natural Coconut Oil Shampoo 8.5 oz Beauty & Personal Care
- Best for all hair types
- Key ingredients: camelina seed oil, sunflower seed oil, coconut, turmeric
- Natural aroma: sea salt, bergamot
- Natural origin: 93%
- Sulphate-free, plant-based, gluten-free, paraben-free, vegan, non-gmo, not tested on animals ... Read More
The body buttercream from Eucerin is effective, ethically made, and clean, and is sustainable, and accessible.
Your skin will benefit from this cream because of its blended ceramide 3. This will moisturize the skin, reduce skin inflammation, rejuvenate and tone the skin.
All you need to do is take a little amount of the cream and apply it to your skin but only after a bath. This can condition, nourish, and soothes the skin.
- Natural made
- Sourced ethically
- Comes in small batches
- Vanilla flavor for soothing the skin
- Shea butter for nourishment
- Great for all types of skin
Eucerin Advanced Repair Lotion, Fragrance Free, 16.9 Fl Oz Body Lotions Beauty & Personal Care
- Repairs very dry skin and fights dryness at its source by providing 48 hour moisture for very dry skin
- Lightweight, fast-absorbing and non-greasy body lotion
- Enriched with ceramide-3 and natural moisturizing factors
- Fragrance-free, dermatologist recommended brand
- Frequent washing with hand soap and external factors like the environment can strip hands of vital elements needed to keep hands soft, smooth and hydrated. Advanced repair cream leaves hands noti... Read More
Now it is hard to find lotions for the skin with melanin-rich, but thanks to Buttah's lotion. This whipped body buttercream is packed with various nutrients and vitamins A, B, and E to make the skin hydrated and even tone.
They contain a lot of healing properties as this is made with virgin organic unrefined shea butter. This will also soothe, nourish, and moisturize the skin.
- Natural ingredients
- Contains fatty acids
- Helps in skin nourishment, hydration, and moisturizing
- Improves skin complexion
- Reduces dark spots
- Radiant Glow
- Protects skin
- It is quite pricier
Buttah Skin Charcoal Detox Mask 1 fl oz e 30 mL - Activated Charcoal - African Butters - Rose Water - Detoxifying and deep cleansing mask for melanin rich skin - Black Owned Skincare Beauty
- CLEANSE AND ELIMINATE IMPURITIES AND EXCESS OIL - Our purifying face mask uses Activated Charcoal Powder, Sodium Hyaluronate, Bentonite and Kaolin Clays to draw out and cleanse your complexion of impurities and excess oil to reveal a smooth, purified, healthy looking glow.
- PURIFY AND SMOOTH YOUR COMPLEXION - This non-drying face mask not only cleanses and detoxes your skin, but deeply hydrates and soothes. Argan Oil and 100% natural and organic Shea Butter provide essential fatty acid... Read More
The body cream from Ethique is called Sweet Orange and Vanilla, which locks the moisture inside the skin. This is blended coconut oil and cocoa butter, supremely hydrating the skin, and its healing properties excellently work in elbows, heels, and various body parts.
This has to be used onto the skin straight after bathing for effective results.
- Organic ingredients
- Made by co-ops
- Fabulous package
- Carbon neutral
- TSA- friendly
- Hydrate the skin
- Excellent for heels and elbows
- Leaves no patches on your skin
- There are no cons
Ethique Hydrating Body Lotion Concentrate Bar- Flourish- Sustainable Natural Body Lotion, Palm Oil Free, Plastic Free, Vegan, Compostable and Zero Waste, Makes 1 Bottle of Body Lotion, 1.77 oz. Beauty & Personal Care
- MISSION: We're on a mission to rid the world of plastic waste while offering our customers 100% sustainable, ethically sourced products, made from natural and effective ingredients. Better for you. Better for the planet.
- PROBLEM: Plastic. Over 40% of plastic comes from product packaging (We're changing that!) 80 Billion plastic bottles disposed of around the world each year are from shampoo & conditioner alone. 8 Million tons of plastic end up in the ocean every year. 9/10 fish ha... Read More
8. Plaine Products
The body lotion by Plaine Products is ideal for sensitive skin types. Not just that, anyone from your family member can use this lotion as these ingredients effectively moisturize any skin type.
The various ingredients such as green tea, rosemary, aloe, vegetable-derived squalane, and rosehip oil are included in this lotion, together, perfectly works well on the skin.
- They are vegan
- Silicone free
- Suitable for both the baby and adult skin
- Allows you to choose different scent as per you like
- Its hydrating formula leaves your skin soft and smooth
- Great for daily use
- This price is a little bit higher
Eco-Friendly Body Lotion - Rosemary, Mint, Vanilla - Sensitive Skin, 16 oz (Refillable Bottle with Pump) Beauty & Personal Care
- Natural, Vegan Body Lotion. Cruelty Free. Biodegradable. Non GMO Ingredients.
- Sulfate & Parabens Free. Kid safe and baby safe body lotion.
- Perfect for sensitive skin.
- Sustainable refillable bottle that can be returned to be reused for free. Eliminate single-use plastics!
- Includes 16 oz of body lotion and refillable bottle with pump. Pump can be kept and used with refill bottles. ... Read More
9. Moon Valley Organics
All the products from Moon Valley Organic are eco-friendly, especially its herbal bar body lotion. This lotion deeply gets into the skin and hydrates it efficiently!
This is infused with emollient beeswax for a moisturizing effect!
Besides, this perfectly works well on the skin with rough elbows, cracked heels, moisturizing face, etc.
This can also be used on the hair for nourishment and conditioning!
- Organic ingredients
- Packed eco friendly
- Ideal for sensitive skin, even baby skin
- Moisturizes the skin effectively
- Soothes rough skin
- No cons
HERBAL LOTION BAR- LEMON VANILLA by MOON VALLEY ORGANICS Body Lotions Beauty
- Restore dry skin.
- Soothe dry skin.
- Great for moisturizing the whole body
- Made with beeswax to naturally seal in moisture twice as long.
- Your bodys heat will Melt bar into dry, chapped areas of skin. ... Read More
Why Body Lotions?
Applying body lotion is important in these climatic weather conditions. Your skin becomes drier due to its climatic effect. So, you can have more skin problems like dark spots, fine lines, wrinkles, etc. This is because it is necessary to apply the body lotion that suits your skin type.
However, a quality body lotion only does magic on dry skin. So, you need to give importance to its quality than the price for better positive results.
What are the benefits of body lotion? This is a common question among people nowadays. Your skin will benefit a lot from this product. Here are some benefits of body lotions.
1. Hydrates Skin
Are you working or staying in harsh climates? Then, you should apply the body lotion regularly because you may have various skin problems due to climatic changes. Your skin will get dried or chapped from cold, heat, or even wind. These can be hard to treat with regular skincare products.
Do you have sensitive skin? It should be treated properly with skincare cosmetics like body lotion. No matter what type of climate you have, they will irritate your skin and dry.
So, it is crucial to apply a quality body lotion to lock moisture inside the skin and keep them hydrated all day.
So, it is not a bad idea to keep a bottled lotion along with you, allowing you to rehydrate the skin whenever your skin requires it!
However, it has to be applied immediately after a shower for a long-lasting effect!
Not only for dry skin, someone who has oil or combination skin also struggles with many skin problems like rough skin, etc.
Most of the rough parts would be around the areas like knees, elbows, etc. These body parts will benefit from this lotion.
For better results, use this replenished body lotion after a bath or before bedtime. This can ease the rough skin and soothes them effectively!
2. Smooth Calluses
Do you have feet with rough calluses? Then, it is difficult to handle as they are more painful. This is why we suggest you use body lotion to make them nourish. They are very supple on the affected areas, remove the dead cells, and leave your skin smoother, softer, and healthier.
Suppose your calluses are swollen, discolored, or reddish, it is better to consult the doctors before treating them with any lotions.
3. Leaves You Refreshed
You will feel good when applied on the limbs or torso areas with its cooling effects. Most of the body lotion smells good, which keeps you refreshed all day. There are many body lotions to choose from, so choose the one with your desired fragrance to grab many benefits.
Besides refreshing, it keeps you energized and boosts your metabolism all the way. This is why you need to give importance to its scents.
4. Relaxes You
You can apply a body lotion even if you have good skin. Surprisingly, there are a lot of people using lotion on the skin to feel refreshed.
Not only your skin, but you can also benefit from this lotion. This helps you get rid of stress, subdue pain, etc. When you massage this lotion to different parts, making you feel great while moisturizing them effectively!
5. Greats on Rough Skin
When you age, your body parts will become rough and loosen. So, it is difficult to restore them with natural skin even with a good intake. This is because it is important to take care of the skin prior. Since the lotion will keep your skin hydrated and nourished, you'll never have rough skin ever. And also helps in delaying the aging factors and signs like dark spots, fine lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation.
Not just for aging skin, they can do magic on any age's skin. Do you have dry skin? No matter what lifestyle you have, body lotions are great on the skin while relaxing and comforting the skin.
The roughest parts in our body are heels and elbow hands. They will become rougher if it's dehydrated, so this is necessary to keep them hydrated all day long.
6. Makes Your Skin Glow
Now, there are many body lotions that come with shimmer and glimmer effects, and the same will reflect onto your skin as well when applied properly. Some lotions brighten the skin while hydrating and moisturizing the skin. And they also help remove dull and dead flakes on the skin and rejuvenate them effectively.
Factors to be Considered
1. Types of Lotions
It would be great on dry skin and hydrates it even faster than others. The oil-based body lotions may linger on the skin like a protective layer and leave no residue to attract.
These are formulated with petrolatum or petroleum jelly for oily effect. So, look for these ingredients if you prefer oily body lotion.
This is perfect for the ones who don't want to leave their skin an oily residue. Water-based lotions are mostly blended with vanishing creams to leave your skin soothed and hydrated.
However, it needs to be applied more often than other forms of body lotions. The first and primary ingredient of the lotion is water.
2. Ingredients to look for different skin types
There are different ingredients for different skins and their problems. But most of the ingredients hold the same effects.
Looks for the ingredients like aloe vera extract, cocoa, and shea butter for dry and cracked skin. These components work great on such skin types, making them hydrated and nourished all the way.
For oily skin, go for the body lotion with the ingredients like vitamin A and E for soft and smooth skin, Jojoba oil and Shea butter for glossier skin, and almond extracts for a firm, radiant, hydrated, non-sticky, and non-greasy skin.
Sensitive skin should be treated better than others. So, you need to be more careful when choosing the lotion for this skin type. We recommend you choose lotions that are hypoallergenic and natural. It is better to go with fragrance-free lotions.
Also, stay away from the ingredients like glycolic acid, salicylic acid, alpha-hydroxy acids, and retinoic acid as they are not suitable for sensitive skin.
Choose a lotion with pramoxine hydrochloride for a calming effect on the skin.
Applying lotion after a shower can lock the moisture more effectively than on dry skin. It is better to apply a lotion on the skin after a hot shower than a cooler.
Since the UV rays from the sun may affect anywhere on your body, it is extremely important to cover your body with sunscreens when you are out.
Even if the body lotions are formulated with at least SPF 15, protecting skin from sun damages while nourishing and hydrating the skin. Also, there is no need to buy or apply separate sunscreens on your skin.
There are a lot of body lotions that come with sunscreen protection. So, look for the lotions that are two in one benefit.
4. Know Your Skin Type
This is the most important factor that should be considered without fail. It is necessary to know your skin type before buying the best body lotions.
As discussed, there are different lotions for different skins, so the right products are only great for specific skin types.
If your skin is dry, go for the thicker and oil-based lotions
For normal and combination skin, look for the lotions that are lightweight and water-based formulas.
For oily skin, look for lightweight, oil-free, non-comedogenic, and nonaqueous body lotions.
Is your skin very sensitive? Then, choose the lotions with soothing ingredients such as aloe vera, allantoin, etc.
For aging and mature skin, go for the body lotions with petrolatum-based formulas as they fight against aging signs like fine lines, wrinkles, etc.
However, your skin will benefit from body lotions only when applied regularly!
5. Go Natural
We recommend you always go with natural ingredients as they don't overreact on the skin or cause any skin problems or side effects.
You should consider this if you have very sensitive or acne-prone skin. Stay away from harmful chemicals, artificial substances, fragrances, and alcohol.
Alternatively, choose body lotions with natural ingredients like vitamin E or aloe vera juice, etc.
Usually, high price products don't always offer effective results. So, there are a lot of affordable products on these lists that are similar to the costlier ones. This is why it is necessary to explore the price from one another with its features, making you pick the right product at an affordable price.
7. Texture, Color, and Smell
You may think it is unnecessary to consider, but you should, as they are essential for choosing the right body lotions. Since it is important to apply the body lotions regularly for effective results, selecting the products with unpleasant or no smell might discourage you from using them daily. So, look for the lotions that are fragranced well. But skip this option only if your skin is too sensitive.
Now, you'll find various lotions with various colors such as white, brown, etc. However, colored white body lotions are common, preferable, and leave no color or residue on the skin.
The lotion's texture is, on the other hand, a lot, too thick or thin, oil or water, etc. Therefore, you need to select the lotion, which effectively sits well onto the skin.
Packaging is another important factor as it can impact the lotion's performance over time, especially with more antioxidants. So, it is better to avoid the body lotions with clear jars or containers because they can get exposed to light or air and diminish antioxidant effects.
Additionally, don't go for the bottles with sanitary or tubes or pumps because you may end up spreading bacteria every time you use them.
How to use body lotion?
- Choose the right brand that works great for your skin type.
- Make sure you'll use body lotion over the body every day
- For better results, don't rub the scrub after a shower. Always do pat dry and apply the body lotion on slightly warm or damp skin to make them get into the skin well.
- Use a generous amount of lotion for the areas like elbows, hands, knees, and neck. Just reapply it if required!
- It is better to use separate lotions for hands and feet as they're exposed more to external factors.
We hope you've found the best body lotions that exactly suit your skin type from this article. Try to follow all the instructions mentioned above for safe and effective results. If you have any queries or doubts, leave your comment below. We will get back to you as soon as possible with appropriate answers.